As copy-editor, I will:
- restructure sentences/paragraphs for clarity and conciseness
- improve readability by amending vocabulary
- remove ambiguities or potentially embarrassing errors
- ensure that the document is consistently written in the correct tone
Translated documents do not always flow correctly in the target language.
Furthermore, references that may be acceptable in one culture could be considered
inappropriate, or even offensive, in another. I work with non-native speakers on
presentations, websites, and any documents to ensure they are suitable for an
English-speaking audience. This includes correct use of metaphors, similes and
expressions, if required, as well as ensuring cultural appropriacy and the
readability aspects that a copy-editing service provides.
As proofreader, I will:
- check spelling and grammar
- check consistency of fonts, formats and presentation
- check captions, images and page numbers
- query any points that are ambiguous or unclear
- Using the track changes features in Microsoft Word or Adobe Reader (or even by
hand), you will see my corrections, and be able to accept or reject them.
- Diploma (distinction) in Proofreading and Editing from College of
Media and Publishing
- CIPD Level 5 in Human Resources Management
- Postgraduate Diploma in Intercultural Communication
- Diploma in Spanish as a Foreign Language (DELE) at superior level
- Trinity Certificate in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages)
- BA (Hons) 2:1 Drama and Theatre Arts
- A levels: Latin (A), Ancient Greek (B), English Literature (B)
- Express service available
- Trainee copywriter
- Diligent, conscientious and friendly!